In the tangy, orange-filled 2020 winter, SI clubs geared up to orange the world too. On November 25th, the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, SIB teamed up with MAVA (Men Against Violence and Abuse), to draw attention to the biggest medium for abuse against women – Cinema.
SIB and MAVA launched a webinar called ‘Hindi Cinema & Gender Violence: Reel to Real’ espoused by four experienced film professionals:
- Deepa Gahlot, noted film critic;
- Pravin Thote, Gender Trainer at MAVA;
- Rashmi Lamba, India Council Lead, Gender Davis Institute on Gender in Media;
- Sunil Sukthankar, distinguished filmmaker;
- Satchit Puranik, MAVA’s Cultural and Digital Advocacy Coordinator, the Moderator
The webinar on November 25th was the first day of a 16-day activism programme that ended on December 10th, Human Rights Day.
Watch the webinar here.